- Consent to operate to new units/projects/activities
- Before putting into operation any industrial plant /project/ activity, the entrepreneur is required to obtain consent of the Board to operate an outlet u/s 25 of the Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 and to operate an industrial plant u/s 21 of the Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1981. The Punjab Pollution Control Board has prescribed a composite proforma for obtaining consent to operate of the Board for all category of industries/projects, which is available on the website of the Punjab Pollution Control Board i.e.www.ppcb.gov.in. The entrepreneurs shall file a Composite Application Form for obtaining consent to operate u/s 25/26 of the Water Act, 1974 & u/s 21 of the Air Act, 1981 and authorization under rule 5 of the Hazardous Wastes (Management, Handling & Transboundary Movement) Rules, 2008. On the said application, separate consents and authorization will be issued by the Competent Authority. The application to be filed by the entrepreneur for consent to operate shall be accompanied with the requisite documents, which are given in Annexure-7 and fee prescribed by the Board, which is given in Annexure-5.
- In case any existing industry/project promoter expands its industrial activities / modernize its industrial plant / make any technological changes in the manufacturing process resulting into increase in the air / water pollution load, the industry/ project promoter is required to obtain varied consent under the provisions of the Water Act, 1974 and Air Act, 1981. The entrepreneur is also required to file an application for renewal of the ‘consent to operate’ after the expiry of the same. The requisite documents required for renewal/varied consent and the prescribed consent fee are given in Annexure-8 & 5, respectively.
- The Board will grant consent to operate to all the industries/projects/establishments in the areas / zones, where such industry/project/establishment is allowed to establish.
- The project proponents / industries are required to submit a building plan prepared and duly authenticated by the Director of Factories/Chartered Architect/Chartered Engineer as may be authorized to do so under the provisions of section 3-A of the Punjab Factory Rules, 1952. List of Chartered Architects notified by the Department of Factories is available on the website of Department of Factories.
- e-governance system for authorization/consent management has been implemented by the Board and all requisite details will need to be submitted by the applicant online and he will be able to down-load the certificate of consent/ authorization of the Board soon after the approval of the competent authority.
- For the facilitation of industries, the Board will accept analysis results of NABL accredited private laboratories for the purposes of grant of consent/ authorization.
- Clearance Certificate
Consent Certificate/ NOC/ Clearance Certificate to be granted by PPCB will not be a pre-requisite for release of electric connection to the industries by the Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.
Note : Above mentioned annexure are given in new industrial policy in following link http://ppcb.gov.in/public_notices/complete%20New%20Policy%20of%20the%20Board.pdf