The Punjab State Board for the Prevention and Control of Water Pollution was constituted under section 4 of the Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974. The Board consists of:
- A full time Chairman.
- Such number of persons, not exceeding five, to be nominated by the State Government to represent the Government.
- Such number of persons, not exceeding five, amongst the members of Local Authorities functioning within the State.
- Such number of non-officials, not exceeding three, to represent the interest of agriculture, fishery or industry or trade or any other interest which, in opinion of the State Government ought to be represented.
- Two persons to represent the companies or corporations owned, controlled or managed by the State Government.
- A full time Member Secretary.